Sunday, May 24, 2009

I went on another bike ride today. I went early in the morning.....8am in hopes to beat the heat. What I didn't beat was the wind!!! We had about 20 MPH sustained winds today. Not too bad unless you are riding into the wind. But I digress. I am all gung ho this morning and ask dad to drop me off and I would ride back. So he took me out to my start point and drives off. I hop on my bike with a smile on my face and the second my butt touches the seat, I feel pain in my posterior that should never exist! I am saddle sore beyond belief. There is a tear rolling down my cheek as I see dad driving away. I am stuck. Oh I have my phone, but I am very stubborn. So on I go.

This part of my ride is 2 miles up hill. It is a gradual hill, but a hill non the less. I would say about 2-3 % grade. Tough for a novice biker, but add wind trying to knock you off the bike coming at your side and it is an E-ride at Disney. So I turn the corner and think I am in the home stretch. About 7 more miles on bunny hop roads in the country. Very doable.

What I forgot was the damned wind. When I turned right, I turned directly into the wind! This was torture! UGH@@!! 10 more miles biking into the wind. Yeah right. I had it in first gear and I could have walked just as faster. I had sweat dripping down my face. Well not really down, more like into my ears.......wind again! So I threw in the towel and called dad to come and get me. I ended up going 4.6 miles up hill and into the wind. My back side is still screaming and my legs are wobbly. I am totally feeling my last 3 days of bike riding. I believe I will take tomorrow off and maybe hit the gym instead. Give my tush a break :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment