Good morning! School is now out and I am exhausted. I have taught every day for the last 2 weeks. Loved every minute of it. However I have had to use my brain in ways I haven't done in years. It was extremely challenging...but rewarding!
Now I get to devote more time to training. The kiddos left with Jon's mom yesterday to Leavenworth camping and we are heading up today. I am on my way out the door to go on a bike ride. My knee is aching a bit so I am hoping for a short 5 mile ride. Then we pack. Well I pack and Jon loads. :-)
My body doesn't need an alarm, so I generally wake up every morning by 6:30am, so I plan to use that time wisely and either go to the gym or run or ride in the early morning. Generally no wind at that time either.
Jon confirmed again the other day in front of witnesses that he is going to do this with me. I bet he won't train much at all and will do this just fine! Bastard!!! :-) It will be fun doing this together.
My main goal is to finish this sprint triathlon. My other goal is to get into the habit of exercising again. For some reason my body sees to be resistant to change. No matter how much I exercise I can't reduce my size. Trust me I have tried. I had a trainer 2x a week and worked out 3 times more and she was even a bit baffled. I get stronger I get more endurance, but my ass stays the same! My body seems comfortable bigger. My brain isn't but my body is. It is discouraging to say the least. I know that the rockin body I had in High School is an unrealistic dream. BUT.........any progress in that area would be wonderful. Let me back up just a bit! Something does shrink when I exercise.......my mammories!!!! So both Jon and I are unhappy about that one.
So I am off to have a short ride then to pack for camping.
Mmmmmmm......that "rockin body you had in high school".....that was my favorite thing about being a lifeguard.
ReplyDelete