Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Saw the Dr today and he gave me the thumbs up on the triathlon! I found a nice beginner walking/jogging route close to home yesterday. It is slightly up hill on the way out, and down hill coming back....or course =) Round trip it is about 2 miles. Walking it yesterday with the dog and friend, we did it in about 25 min. I wasn't trying to see how fast I could go, I just wanted to get a base time to work from. Our dog, Bitzy, has some herding breed in her. We did a lot of stopping to call her back. She found some bulls to try and smell, the goats noticed her and she really noticed them.....she was in heaven with all of the stinky smells. She also peed a whole lot more than I have ever seen. She marked every inch of that walk. The poor local dogs are having a hay day today trying to re-mark their territory =) We will be messing them up again tonight. I am going to be walking the 2 miles for a week. Then I think I will jog some and walk some for a few weeks. Of course my goal is to run the whole thing.......eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Babe, glad to see you are setting some reasonable goals and increasing gradually. If I might, I would suggest a heart monitor (Sports authority has them pretty cheap or maybe Jon has one) and track heart rate so you don't over stress. Like on your bike ride, I was told to start at a max of 120bpm for duration of exercise, then after few weeks, allow it to go up to 130 etc. (for you it may be different - I'm older and had the heart stint) Love you, Dad
ReplyDelete