On Tuesday I went on that same walk.....but this time I jogged about 1/2 of it. It was more difficult, but I did it and enjoyed it. On Wed. I took the car and drove the route I thought was 2 miles and I found out it is only 1.5 miles. That is ok.
I did find the biking and jogging route for the triathlon on line. They look very do-able. The bike ride has a slight incline in the middle for a few miles, but the end of it seems down hill. I am going to try to drive it this weekend and see about starting to ride part of it. The run will wait for a bit. It looks like it is mostly trails, and if you know me then you know I am not the most graceful person. I can sprain my ankle on a pine needle or nothing. So the trail part has me a bit freaked out! Just what I need is to sprain my ankle during a race. =) So for now I will keep my jogging on pavement and gradually move on to less level terrain.
Oh a lighter note, our dog LOVES going with me on my walks and jogs. So much that every time I head for the door she tries to push me out of the way to go too. She has gotten a bit "thick" and will also benefit from all of this. =) I am thinking I might take the kiddos with me on my walk that is close to the house and they can ride their bikes. They want to do the triathlon with Jon and I. So I was looking on line and there is a kids triathlon in Sammamish this summer. Good times!
So at lunch today I walked to Rite Aid. There and back is almost 1 mile......all sidewalk =) Tonight I am going to work out after as well.
I have found out that many of my friends and family want to do this sprint triathlon as well. I say the more the merrier! My good friend Erin is going to participate, my friend Val and her boyfriend are thinking about it and my sister in law Lori wants to participate as well. I am so excited I could do the girlie scream. You know the one. When you get a bunch of women together in a bar and they have had a few beverages and everything is a really loud, "OH MY G__!!" or "WHOO HOO!!" And YES I am having flash backs from my college days. Flash backs, not memories =)
No comments:
Post a Comment