Friday, July 31, 2009

OK so here is the deal. 3.5 weeks ago I hurt my left calf. Stepped on a steep incline and heard a big pop and almost fell. I assume I pulled a muscle in my leg. It took 1.5 weeks for me to be able to walk normal and swimming was painful and riding the bike hurt.

So I took some time off. The sprint triathlon is 8 days away. I have been icing and stretching and most of the time it doesn't bother me at all. Some times when I walk fast or stretch the wrong way the pain comes back. Until the morning of the 8th I will plan on doing the event. I am stretching and working on it. Standing on my toes still causes lots of pain. I am deflated and pissed that there is a chance I might not be able to do the event on the 8th. If for some strange fate I do not do the sprint triathlon on the 8th, I will do it with Jon when my leg gets better. So one way or another I will do the whole course in 1 day before the end of the summer.

But like I said. It ain't over until the fat lady sings, and I ain't singing yet! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment